Saturday, January 14, 2012

A Peak At What I've Been Doing...


Thought I'd take a few photo's to show what I've been upto over the last few months.
Here on my parents farm, we have bought a Fodder Solutions System ...which grows seed into grass in just 6 days!  
It's hard to see, but this Unit is 6 trays long/deep.... goes in as seed, comes out as grass!

It is heated to an average temperate of 22 degrees and waters each layer every 2 hours for upto 60 seconds.  Our sheep, chooks and 1 rabbit LOVE it!

This is the finished end - the other end is where I put the new seeds into clean empty trays.
After 6 days it looks something like this!
I load up our "moggy" so I can deliver it all over the farm.  I had stopped here to give some to our chooks...they love it!


Nom nom nom nom nom!!!

 

 Not overly exciting, but I hope you enjoyed a little glimpse into my life on the farm!
x Tania

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! That grass is the lushest, juiciest grass I've ever seen...it's no wonder your animals love it...I expect they are waiting at the gate doing a happy dance every time they see that little red 'moggy'?? come past (groovy looking little vehicle BTW....).
    Love your photos...so sharp and great colours.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Really love reading your comments - thanks for taking the time! Tania

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...