Monday, January 16, 2012

CAS Card Making: Day 3 - Tone On Tone

Day 3 of the Clean And Simple Card Making Online Course had Jennifer McGuire showing how she used a die to make a tone-on-tone background!  I really liked this and couldn't wait to try it myself.

Here I've used this butterfly die, some Whisper White and Regal Rose (I know, I know, more Regal Rose!) cardstock to make each butterfly a little raised and "popped"!  Each butterfly has about 5 white dies and the top pink 1.  I probably shouldn't have used as many as 5, but I guess I got a little carried away Big-Shotting!  I chose to use Stampin' Up's 2-Way Glue Pen to adhere each layer, but I did find it was getting a little sticky so I started to just use Snail which worked really well.
I have white embossed the sentiment which is PaperTrey's Signature Greetings Vol. 3 No. 63. Some little pearl bling and I had to stop myself from tizzing away - reminding myself CLEAN and SIMPLE!!!
My card base is Glossy White again - I love the feel of glossy!


  1. This looks very cool Tania, you have done a lovely case of that Technique & love the pink, l really must get my butt into gear...:0)

  2. Love the added circles and that cute butterfly die. Good to see your mojo flowing today!

  3. You and Bron are certainly on a roll with this new online course. Keep them coming, I'm loving seeing all your creations and I know how 'off' you were feeling toward crafting a little while back...

    Great technique. Love those little spotty circles you've added too!

  4. always gorgeous work here! can never have enough pink huh?

  5. This pink color is one of my favorite, how did you cut the butterflies?

    Plastic Card
    Discount card Printing


Really love reading your comments - thanks for taking the time! Tania

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...