Friday, June 11, 2010

Just Add Ink #21 - Layout

It's been a crazy week with my 4yr old daughter on her 1st full 2-weeks of holidays (Term 1 here in Tasmania). She's B O R E D and I'm struggling to keep her filled up to the brim with activities. We have just started our 1st lapbook and I'd love to know if anyone has ever made one or has any tips on where to get things to use for it. If you're not sure what one is, and you're curious - check THIS out for an example.

Anyway, back to what we're here for.....I whipped up this card on a very cold, bleak windy/rainy day. Perfect day to stay indoors - warm and creative! The following layout is this weeks challenge at Just Add Ink.
  • I used confetti cream as the square background piece and crumpled it up into a ball several times and then flattened it back again (as well as for the sentiment piece).
  • The choc-chip 1" grosgrain ribbon stitching was a tad bit bright for this card, so I toned it down by rubbing a sponge inked in choc-chip over the stitching area.
  • The scallops were made from the 3/4" circle punch.
  • The mellow moss circle has had a sponge dragged down it in mellow moss, whisper white and choc-chip.
cardstock: choc-chip, mellow moss, confetti cream
ink: choc-chip, mellow moss, going gray and whipser white
stamps: friends 24-7
choc-chip 1" double-stitched grosgrain ribbon, sponges

4 comments:

  1. Tania, I think this is lovely. I like the vintage type feel you've given the project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huge fan of your work Tania, love your style and visit you frequently. I have fallen in love with your "kitty gets it" picture and wondered if it would be OK to use it on my blog? Wasn't sure if this was a picture you created?
    If you would rather I didn't use it I understand fully, I will just have to visit you to see it as it makes me smile!
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this card!! The colours are wonderful and the use the the crumpled piece is really effective!! Such a clever lady you are!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is FABULOUS, Tania; love your papers and colors. This was a fun sketch and my first time to do this challenge. Thanks so much for stopping by & leaving such a sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete

Really love reading your comments - thanks for taking the time! Tania

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...